Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Time Management

Ok, so you're a casual player.   What does that mean? Casual?

You play:

1 night a week?
1 hour a day?
You don't raid?
Only raid 1 night a week?

What does "casual" mean in an MMO like WoW?  Everybody has their own definition, I believe.  So for this bog I'm going to define it as this:  You like the game would love to play more,  but are restricted to 5 to 15 hours a week, maybe you PUG-raid on the occasional weekend,  but mostly you do 5-man instances, and solo content. 

This is me.  Plain and simple.  It's what I know. 

I get about 1-2 hours a night,  after the little chitlin goes to bed,  and my bride is relaxing with a book.  So that leaves me with little time to waste. 


It comes down to this schedule:

Log in.
Check mail for previous days auction results.
If there's a holiday event (like now) I do those first.
Then it's off to Hyjal and the Molten Front to do Daily quests.
If I'm still awake enough after those, I may do a 5-man Dungeon, Troll Heroics...But dang their long...
Or I may work on secondary professions...right now my main,  only has First Aid done,  need the others.

The Holliday events and Molten Front dailies can take anywhere from 30 minutes to a hour.  right there it at least half of the evening done. 

Raiding on a week night? Ha! you must be kidding.  I need to get up in the morning for work,  not at Taco Bell either.   Career level work.   

I remember trying to play till 1 or 2 in the morning...that ain't happening. 

So I'm a casual player.  Real Life > Game .   Family > Work > Game. 

If anybody read this,  don't be afraid to post questions.   I like discussing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment