Monday, September 19, 2011

Happy "Talk like a Pirate Day"! arggg...or something

Well Friday night was able to start getting gear again.   And matched my stats up pretty well with Mr. Robot.

Meecham ... if your interested.   Got the 8% hit on the nose. 

I do have a instance story though.

Friday afternoon, after work and before the wifey got home,  I decided to work on my Fireland Dailies and get some instances done for the week.  For some reason,  Blackrock Caverns is the bane of my existence.

The story goes like this,  The Dungeon Finder kept putting me in there for the last week, no matter how many times I queued.   I can't get the timing down for the second boss fight, on heroic, where the 3 beams shoot out and you have to block them.    Last week I caused about 3 wipes, this week, do to great healing, we didn't wipe but I didn't help,  my timing was again off, my guy enraged.   So I spent the next 5 minutes with Cringer, fighting the add myself,  trying to keep him off the tank.  

After we downed the boss, the Tank tells me "You need to get yourself together."   I'm more or less like, whatever, it's a game.  5 minutes later,   we are trying to jump down some flight of steps,  I don't know if it was Cringer, or the Boomkin,  but some more adds followed us down.  Again, jump on the hunter day.   I said  "f* you." and bailed.   Not my most shining moment,  but meh.   I really didn't care for their tone anyway.    Frustrated and bothered by anonymous people on the internet,  returning to my dailies didn't appeal to me.   So I went and took a nap.  

After my wife and daughter came home  I was up and about again.  Had a great evening.

9:30 pm, child in bed,  (not sleeping of course, she doesn't like to),  wife reading her latest book.  I go back to finishing my dailies.   I activate the Dungeon Finder again,  a few minutes later it pops,  Blackrock....again.

Ugh,  I thought, please don't let me screw up, please don't let me screw up.  Anyway, this group was already past the 3 beam boss,  and on to another, spank and tank boss.  Great, I can do this with no issues.   a minute or 2 later, boss down.   Healer says wait, tank went,   we almost survived, thanks to Cringer...  But we were overcome my a couple gnolls at the last moment.    Rez..run back.

The next couple of pulls were fine, no issues.   We then reached the final boss,  "We need the adds kited".   With my recent history,  I tried to warn them,  I might not be the best.   They were cool though about it,  told me to try any.   Not knowing the fight, I was skeptical, but I went with it.   Freezing trap, Concussive Shot,  Distracting shot.... kept repeating.   just tried to keep the adds on me walking slow.  And I ran in circles.

It was enough for the other DPS and tank to take the boss down uninterrupted .   Ahh,   finally got through this dang place.  Even got some kudos for the kiting.    Then I was able to finish my dailies,  and focus on other things.   Ran Throne of Tides after that....we got the Old Faithful Achievement to boot.

The rest of the weekend was for naught,  PC's torn apart again while the basement floor gets gutted.

I need to get back to my articles...freaking real life...

Meech

No comments:

Post a Comment